According to the World Health Organization, stress is the number one health problem in the industrialized world. During the holidays, stress is often times at an all time high. Stress can lead to high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, muscle tension in the neck and back, neck and back pain, headaches, irritability and many other problems. It’s important to manage your stress so that it won’t ruin the holidays.
Stress Relieving Tips:
- Think positively. Your perception of events greatly affects your stress levels. Many times, events that seem negative at the time end up being a positive down the road.
- Get outside.
- Relax and unwind using aromatherapy such as orange and lavender scents. These scents enhance relaxation and reduce anxiety.
- Laugh more! Laughing and humor relieve stress and anxiety and prevent depression. Laughter has also been shown to boost the immune system by lowering the body’s level of stress.
- Spend time with friends and family. Surround yourself with positive supporting relationships.
- Get a massage. A massage can help to relieve the stress and tension in the muscles.
- Visit your chiropractor.
Drs. Quintin and Katie Sleigh, chiropractors in Arlington Heights, IL, help relieve stress in the body. Using gentle chiropractic adjustments, they help their patients avoid and eliminate that back and body pain that comes along with stress during the holidays. Call Sleigh Family Chiropractic today to set up your FREE consultation to see if chiropractic can help relieve your stress! Call 847-788-0880
Source: The American Chiropractic Association www.acatoday.org/HealthTips
Photo credit to: independent.co.uk